Thursday, September 13, 2018

Favorite Pregnancy Resources

So as many of you are aware, I am pregnant (44 days to due date and counting!) so as previously mentioned here are some of my favorite resources for pregnancy and health too.



Pregnancy Podcast – love this chick! She does her research and her podcast is easy to listen to. Her website is just LOADED with pregnancy information, resources, Q & A, on just about any topic you could ever dream up – and I don’t know about you, but my brain does a lot of “what if” these days... Check her out.


APPS: Lets talk about Apps for our Smart phones... Because lets face it, our lives are tied up in these things now days.

Pregnancy Week by Week by Amila. This app is great for so many reasons. It gives you week by week development updates (and daily ones too) for baby and your changing body. It has several interactive options that are great like a kick counter, contraction counter, weight tracker, Kegel trainer and more. Definitely my top pick.

Period Tracker: Wait what? Yes this app is great for pregnancy too. It will give you a weekly update of your pregnancy, it has an option to link with your partner. This can be particularly nice as you are able to track how you are feeling in this app and then you don't have to tell your partner if you are nauseated, bloated and more because they have access to that. NOTE: there is a trying to conceive option on this app so if you link to your partner they can see when you are ovulating too ;) ALSO when you have a baby and are nursing your period doesn't come back right away and when it does it isn't always very regular. This app becomes more accurate the more you use it at tracking your period, ovulation and more the longer you use it.


Beach Body On Demand – Pregnancy & Postpartum Workouts


Favorite BraBravado Maternity & Nursing Bra - Available on Amazon. The last and only maternity and nursing bra I will EVER buy. Seriously. I have to give a shout out to my sister in CA for this one. She and I were discussing the “joy” of bra shopping when your breasts are going berserk growing…  It is so comfortable and after trying and failing to find one that I was both comfortable and that I was not pouring out grotesquely of like 6 times, I fell in love. I even wear one when I work out, because lets be real ladies, my usual favorite sports bra is not going to cut it these days… nope.


Essential Oils: doTERRA Hands Down!  Essential Oils for Pregnancy; so this one is somewhat controversial. There seems to be two schools of thought (for or against during pregnancy). Do your own research here, be smart and get your essential oils from a highly reputable source. I really like doTERRA. I have several reasons that I prefer this company and their product, but please do your own research. There is a great book that my cousin Jamee Kyson, PhD (who is a neuro-scientist with a plethora of other similarly amazing talents) gave me as a gift. (Essential Oils for Pregnancy, Birth & Babies by Stephanie Fritz, LM, CPM) I use them and love them. Lavender OnGaurd and Frankincense are among my favorites.  If you are interested in learning more about essential oils, click HERE.


Supplies for Nursing: Yes it is a thing! I have tried pretty much every product out there and I stand FIRM with this brand!  Bamboobies!

Breast Pads: These are environmentally friendly because they are reusable, they don't stick to your nipple and they are just as soft after you wash them as the day you bought them! 
Nipple Balm: Natural ingredients, no need to wipe off before nursing, and soothing for sore nipples.
Organic Pumping Lubricant: When your nipples are sore, pumping can be toe curling pain. This was like liquid gold for me! AND there is no need to wipe off before nursing because all ingredients are safe and natural. 


Breastfeeding Recipes: Do certain foods help to increase lactation? You bet! I am a big fan of smoothies and quick grab items so here are two options.


Lactation Smoothie Packs

Ingredients:
  • 1 gallon vanilla almond milk
  • 1 container rolled oats
  • 2 bunches of bananas
  • 1-2 packs of frozen strawberries
  • ground flax seeds
  • 1 jar almond or peanut butter
Instructions:
  1. To make each pack, place 1 banana, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/4 cup oats, 1 tbsp. nut butter, and 1 cup almond milk in a Ziploc bag.
  2. Sprinkle in flax seeds.
  3. Seal bag and freeze.
  4. Pop into Nutribullet or whatever appliance you prefer.
  5. drink


Lactation Bites

Ingredients:
  • 1 c. oats
  • 1/2 c. peanut butter (I used chocolate PB or Nutella)
  • 1/2 c. ground flaxseed
  • 1 c. coconut, shredded
  • 1/3 c. honey
  • 1/2 mini chocolate chips
Instructions:
  1. Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and then mix in the wet ingredients.
  2. Refrigerate this mixture for one hour.
  3. Remove and roll into ping pong sized balls.
  4. Wrap individually and store in a gallon freezer bag to freeze.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Send Me A Message

Name

Email *

Message *