Saturday, January 26, 2019

OMG We Had A Baby part 2


When I had my first child 15 years ago at 22yrs old, I was clueless. I did not realize this at the time of course. I didn’t watch my weight during my pregnancy, I didn’t fret over anything.  I pretty much just assumed my body would just instinctively know what to do and while that is true the adage “Older and Wiser” could be applied here.  What a completely different experience!

Here are just a few things I have learned since baby No. 2 (whom by the way, I am completely smitten with)

Saying “No” is ok. To guests, to other mom’s “donations” (aka spring cleaning their baby hoard onto you), to smokers who want to hold your baby… Yep, it’s ok and in fact it is good for you to have boundaries… and to enforce them.

Breast-milk is sticky so clean that shiz up with a quickness. (ok I probably learned that one before, but I got a reminder… a few times now)

My schedule is the only one that revolves around baby’s schedule. Duh. Everyone else’s life carries on. (This is the difference between having a baby at 22 and 37). Don’t expect people to stop their lives in their tracks because OMG YOU HAD A BABY…. But yeah I get it... OMG YOU HAD A BABY! (Strong work)

Sleep is precious. I will cut you if you wake this baby… or me. Ok just kidding. Sorta… Amazing how I don’t have endless energy at 37. I know… Shocker right?!

Video games are golden… (NEVER thought I would say this) I love that my husband is a night-owl… can we say “Your turn”…? One of my most favorite scenes in my house is handing my just fed and changed babe to my husband for him to cuddle in the crook of his arm while he slays hordes of zombies… until 2 am. Good stuff here. He is epic amazing for this. Do you know why I love this? I CAN SLEEP or CLEAN or SHOWER or just SIT!!!

Essential oils are well… ESSENTIAL. Lavender for sleep, Frankie (Frankincense) for my tummy skin. On Guard to ward off the cooties (germs), Serenity for well… Serenity! Because what Momma doesn’t need some serenity!?

My baby is gangsta. True story. He doesn’t care what I am doing or why. Can we say: “Give me all your boob OR ELSE” he also knows how to con (er charm) the pants off his dad!

I may love my cat a little less… “Get your dirty paws away from my baby. Girrrr get away from the breast-milk! No! Mocha get out of the bassinet!” … Poor Mocha. L I was not aware that kitties can have some regression too with a new baby… she was quite naughty those first few weeks. Now she could care less.

Going somewhere requires a LOT of planning. Feed baby, diaper baby, pack stuff, get ready, feed baby, diaper baby, soothe baby, and finish packing up, blah blah blah… what a production!

I am sure there are more revelations that are earth shaking (kidding) but Mr. Meatball is insisting on some mommy time and he is too cute not to oblige.   So until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Send Me A Message

Name

Email *

Message *