Thursday, May 18, 2017

Black Bean Corn Salsa - 21 Day Fix approved!

We had a potluck at work today and last night I was trying to figure out what to bring. On one hand I wanted to stay on track with my 21 Day Fix Containers and on the other hand I wanted something everyone would love. I decided to make my Black Bean Corn Salsa. This is ALWAYS a crowd pleaser! I usually go home with an empty Tupperware and several requests for the recipe! So here it is:




Ingredients:

  • 4 roma tomatoes diced
  • 1 large red bell pepper diced
  • 1 large green bell pepper diced
  • 1-2 jalapenos minced
  • 1 large onion diced
  • 4-5 cloves of garlic minced
  • Fresh Cilantro minced – to your preference (I like lots)
  • 1-2 cans of corn drained
  • 1-2 cans of black beans – drained and rinsed well
  • 1 lime squeezed over top (bottled lime juice is fine too 1-2 Tbsp)
  • 1 tsp salt (optional - I usually use a pinch of pink Himalayan rock salt)


Instructions:

Mix well and let chill in fridge over night


Other Ideas:

  • I have found that this makes great omelets
  • It goes great with a taco bar
  • It’s a great addition to Tortilla soup – (1-2 cans cream of chicken, 2-3 chicken breast shredded,  4 cups of water – throw everything into crockpot, let cook on high 4hrs)
  • Make ahead of time and take camping. This is a great healthy snack with tortilla chips. It is a great addition to walking taco. If you are looking for camping recipes see my post on Camping Recipes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Send Me A Message

Name

Email *

Message *